As well, I am interested in gaining more knowledge about Inquiry Based Learning. I am also teaching Science this year, and would like to use both the library, and my classroom, to create more inquiry based learning opportunities for my students. This is all new to me, and something that I am both nervous and excited about.
Lastly, I would like to start offering virtual field trips, and more opportunities for students to learn from educators and experts from across Canada, and possibly the world. As I have come to learn, there are so many people willing to share their knowledge from a distance, and it's time to take advantage!
This is my first year as the teacher/librarian at Kidston Elementary, in Vernon. The layout, and function of the library space is very traditional. Currently, I am trying to figure out a better configuration, and looking at moving some of the technology so it accessible to a larger audience. We are also creating a technology plan, as a school, and I hope to integrate more technology, with classes, in the library space. The goal is to create a welcoming space, where students can engage in a variety of activities, whether it be engaging in inquiry, using technology, or simply finding a good spot to read a book.
Keywords: learning commons, integrate, technology, digital literacy, inquiry, virtual field trips
This is my first year as the teacher/librarian at Kidston Elementary, in Vernon. The layout, and function of the library space is very traditional. Currently, I am trying to figure out a better configuration, and looking at moving some of the technology so it accessible to a larger audience. We are also creating a technology plan, as a school, and I hope to integrate more technology, with classes, in the library space. The goal is to create a welcoming space, where students can engage in a variety of activities, whether it be engaging in inquiry, using technology, or simply finding a good spot to read a book.
Keywords: learning commons, integrate, technology, digital literacy, inquiry, virtual field trips
Cheers,
Darryl
A useful first brainstorm of the big ideas and key topics you are interested in learning more about. A little more context, where your school community is at already, perhaps some description of the state of your library currently. Overall, these topics are all very useful and positive directions for a new Learning commons, the challenge will be which ones to focus on!
ReplyDelete